|Lincoln Way Inn Bed & Breakfast | 409 N. State Street | Franklin Grove, IL 61031 | 815.456.7700||SITE BY JG3|
The Inn was built in 1912 by Columbus D. Hussey, known as one of Franklin Grove’s “native sons.” C.D.’s parents were among some of the first families to settle in Franklin Grove in 1838 after making their way here in a covered wagon from Pennsylvania.
C.D. Hussey, a highly regarded businessman, co-founded a local lumber company in 1876, and in 1881 became the sole owner of the C.D. Hussey Lumber & Coal Company. The Inn sits on the Hussey land that once comprised several hundred acres and was later divided into a number of smaller farms.
We are the fourth owners of the house and have had many of our neighbors stop by to share their own memories of the home. Most common is the story about their visits to the town physician, Dr. Fleming, who housed his office and lived here for many years.